Sunday, March 16, 2008

Angela: Living Legend

Photobucket

Alongside Sheryl Lee Ralph, Della Reese and Alfre Woodard, Angela was honored at an annual community event which was held at the El Segundo Branch of Los Angeles Public Library System. This is the 29th Annual African-American Living Legends event where organizers pay tribute to African-American individuals and groups whose work have contributed to America’s culture and to the African-American community.

Photobucket
Pete Allman with a Living Legend

Pete Allman of News Blaze had the opportunity to speak to the ladies honored and had this to say of Angela.

After the ceremony, I spoke with Angela Bassett, a truly talented, warm and giving person.

"God surprisingly empowered my conscience that points me in a ...decent direction, every step of the way. God gives us our own free will. It's up to us to be passionate about learning through His words. He knows our complete potential... man will be disruptive. It is the 'I Am' that gives us the power."

Bassett paid homage to the library system and the power of books in her life "...I was able to travel, daydream and imagine," she told the audience. "I know we have the Internet, but I'm a tactile person. I like to touch and hold a book."

With a solemn pause, she added, "Being in the library also taught me how to sit down somewhere and be quiet."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails