Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pushy Questions


Variety Weekend had pushy questions for Angela and Courtney. These are some great questions that us BassettHounds would have wanted to know if we were just asking random questions.



Last book I bought:
AB: "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis
CBV: "Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke" by Peter Guralnick

Book I'm reading:
AB: "Mirror to America" by John Hope Franklin
CBV: "At Canaan's Edge" by Taylor Branch


Total number of books I own:
AB: About 1,500, more or less
CBV: A couple of rooms full


Three books that mean a lot to me:
AB: "The Souls of Black Folk" by W.E.B. Du Bois
"Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston
CBV:"Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison
"Of Human Bondage" by W. Somerset Maugham

Both: The Bible


Last film I saw:
AB: "Curse of the Golden Flower," directed by Zhang Yimou
CBV: "The Prestige," directed by Christopher Nolan


Three films that mean a lot to me:
AB: "Lady Sings the Blues," directed by Sidney J. Furie
"Swept Away," directed by Lina Wertmuller
"Life is Beautiful," directed by Roberto Benigni
CBV: "Lawrence of Arabia," directed by David Lean
"The Godfather" (Parts I & II), directed by Francis Ford Coppola
"American Beauty," directed by Sam Mendes


Last CD I bought:
AB: "Corinne Bailey Rae," self-titled album
CBV: "Minions Dominion," Delfeayo Marsalis


Song currently playing:
AB: "You Don't Know What Love Is," John Coltrane
CBV: "So What," Miles Davis


Three songs that mean a lot to me:
AB: "Come Sunday," Duke Ellington
"What a Wonderful World," Louis Armstrong
"Brown Eyed Girl," Van Morrison

CBV: "Abraham, Martin, & John," Dion
"Cat's in the Cradle," Harry Chapin
"What's Going On," Marvin Gaye


Favorite drink:
AB: Red Kool-Aid with lemon
CBV: Body Factory protein shakes


Favorite charity:
AB: UNICEF and Royal Theater Boys and Girls Club
Both: Save Africa's Children


Favorite vacation:
AB: Away
CBV: Cunard Line's Queen Mary 2 "Around the World in 80 Days"


Favorite vice:
AB: CCP's (Cakes, Cookies, Pies)
CBV: Miami (I couldn't resist!), but seriously, gourmet deserts, Mom's apple pie, 27th Street Bakery's sweet potato pies, and great cobblers with great vanilla bean ice cream, YEAH BABY!!!!!


Five people who I'd like to see answer this survey:
AB: Prince, Sidney Poitier, Bette Davis and my Mama
CBV: Martin Luther King, Sarah Vaughn, Tiger Woods and my Father
Both: Nelson Mandela

4 comments:

Manda said...

Red Kool-Aid LMAO! Out of all the positive answers they gave, I can't get over the red Kool-Aid. Who would have guessed that Angie B's favorite drink was "Red" Kool-Aid. Hold on, I can't stop laughing. But I have just have one more question....Is that Strawberry, Cherry or does Red include them all. LOL Too Cute!

SimzBrazil said...

Yeah I laughed really hard at the Red Kool-Aid with lemon vs. Court's protein shake. She didnt just say Kool-Aid either, she said with lemon. That is just too funny.

One more thing, I havent seen any of the movies that mean alot to Ang. I've seen Courtney's though. See, me and Mr. Vance are on the same page man. LOL! joke, joke.

Great post, girly!

Natacia said...

ive seen life is beautiful..it is really good!!! tear jerker. my mother LOOOOVES that movie so i've seenit a dozen times. this is soooooooooooooooo good. man i gotta get these magazines.!!!

Coco LaRue said...

It's cute how complimentary their answers are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails